Pushkin Railway Station Name Change

posted in: Blog | 0

On August 6th, 2013 Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed an decree which changed the Tsarskoye Selo railway station name back to the original name. After the Bolshevik Revolution in 1918 the railway station was renamed Children’s Village (Detskoye Selo) to give a more neutral variation. The change back to Tsarskoye Selo will also make it easier for tourists visiting Catherine Palace and Pushkin, without any of the confusion.

Tsarskoye Selo station was opened as a part Russia’s first railway that led from St. Petersburg to Pushkin and the summer residence of the royal family.